Yes. I am for real. This is happening. Besides, I put it on Facebook, so it's definitely real.
I tested the waters today, Re: coworker reactions, and overall, received overwhelmingly positive feedback. Most people found it amusing, while a few kind of squinted at me and wished me luck, which we're going to file away in the not-negative category. But fishing for responses did generate a few follow-up queries:
-- Do I permit myself to make the first move on anyone, or do I need to wait for someone to initiate something with me? There's sometimes a fine line between intentionally flirting and making the first move.
-- Will I consent to informed setting-up, provided I still have the final say regarding who I ask, and provided said party is unaware of the ultimate finale? Because let's be honest: it's probably not TOO hard to convince someone to be part of a ridiculous spectacle of social inquiry, especially if he knows he's signing up to costar in a no holds barred research project of flirtation and inebriation, to be played out on the internet.
-- I will need wing-women to accompany me on adventures! Nobody wants to talk to Girl Who Goes to the Bar By Herself, and, sorry gay guys, but you'll definitely squelch my A-Game. Ladies: now is your time to shine. Especially if you're already married, which by default makes me look considerably more available.
Also, I did run this entire operation by the groom-to-be, afraid he might have some choice words for me and my shenanigans, and to my relief, he was humored and, dare I say, supportive (code for "enabling")? Phew. Hopefully he'll remember that verbal permission in 50 years when he's showing his grandkids the the lunatics in his wedding video.
No comments:
Post a Comment